Welcome to the Annandale Middle School Counseling Program!
My name is Jamie Schlafke and I am the Annandale Middle School Counselor. As an integral part of the educational program, my role as the AMS Counselor is to collaborate with students, staff, and families to promote and enhance student achievement by addressing academic, career, and personal/social development needs.
A School Counselor assists with...
- Transition to a new school
- Registration and orientation
- Academic achievement concerns
- Standardized test interpretation
- Personal and social needs of students
- Crisis situations
- Family difficulties or concerns
School Counselors help children by…
- Helping develop positive attitude among students toward self, family, peers and community.
- Counseling with individuals and groups to promote academic, personal, and social growth.
- Helping students process information and commit to resolve issues and move forward.
- Supporting students in developing plans for academic success.
- Developing guidance lessons that promote healthy decision making, conflict resolution, respect for peers, and career exploration.
- Encouraging school success by showing students how academic performance relates to career opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with students, parents and teachers to identify and remove barriers
Licensed School Counselor
(320) 274-8226 ext. 2700