Study Tips for Students
- Manage your time by following a daily routine that includes time for homework, chores, and recreational activities.
- Find a location that is free from distractions to do your homework each night.
- Eat a meal or light snack before doing your homework.
- Use a calendar or assignment planner to record due dates for homework, tests, practices, and other events.
- Keep track of long term assignments such as projects and research papers by breaking them down into steps.
- When you know you have an upcoming test, start studying in several days in advance instead of cramming the night before the test...you will remember the information better.
- "To Do" lists are often helpful for staying organized.
- Ask for help if you don't understand or have questions about your homework; you can ask a friend, parent, teacher, or a homework help line.
- Do the most challenging assignments first, when you are less fatigued.
- Take short breaks during your study time.
If you are interested in a study skills group, contact Jamie Schlafke by phone: 320-274-8226 X 2700 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org