- Up to 10% or 3 minutes, whichever is less, may be included in a project.
- Up to 10% or 1000 words, whichever is less, may be included in a project.
- If the poem is less than 250 words, the entire poem may be used; but no more than three poems by one poet, or five poems by different poets from any anthology may be used.
- If the poem is more than 250 words, no more than 250 words may be used but no more than three excerpts by a poet, or five excerpts by different poets from a single anthology may be used.
Music, Lyrics, and Music Video:
- Up to 10%, but in no event more than 30 seconds, of the music and lyrics from an individual musical work (or in the aggregate of extracts from an individual work) may be reproduced or included in a project.
- Alterations to the musical work shall not change the basic melody or the fundamental character of the work.
Illustrations and Photographs:
- The entire photograph or illustration may be used, but no more than five images by an artist or photographer may be reproduced or incorporated in a project.
- If the images are from a published collective work, not more than 10% or 15 images, whichever is less, may be reproduced or incorporated in a project.
Numerical Data Sets:
- Up to 10% or 2500 fields or cell entries, whichever is less, from a copyrighted database or data table may be used.
- A field entry is defined as a specific item of information, such as a name or Social Security number, in a record of a database file.
- A cell entry is defined as the intersection where a row and a column meet on a spreadsheet.