Expectations & Strategies
- You will treat yourself and others with kindness, gentleness and respect.
- You will treat your own property and the property of others with kindness, gentleness and respect.
- You will bring paper and pencil every day.
- You will participate in all learning activities which the teacher deems appropriate for building your skill in the language.
- You will study the language at least ten minutes a day on your own.
- You will come with the attitude that learning can be fun.
- You will know that sometimes learning must also be work.
- Classroom folder: used for turning in assignments. I will supply you with a list of assignments each week so that you can be sure you are keeping up.
- Storytelling: we will learn to understand, tell, and create and present short stories (mini-Geschichten) as one powerful way to learn a lot of language fast and naturally.
- Partnerarbeit: we will do many short partner speaking activities to help us practice speaking the language without having to be perfect for the class right away.
- Musik: we will listen to German songs to augment our knowledge of German vocabulary, grammar, culture and to add to our enjoyment.
- Geh Angeln, Konzentration, und andere Spiele: we will play games at times as a way to help us learn new vocabulary or grammar. These are learning activities. I expect you to participate and have fun, but to realize that you are still doing classwork.
- Written Work: either assigned from the book, the workbook or from worksheets which I have created.
- Miscellaneous: trust that I am always trying to find exactly the right way for you to gain the skill you need to learn best.