Phy. Ed Classes / Study Guides
Parents / Students,
Physical Education students will be participating in activities off school grounds (which includes, but is not limited to, rollerblading, biking, running, walking, etc..) during the school day.
Class Rules Units
- Be in the locker room before the bell rings.
- Be in the gym or designated area within five minutes after the bell rings
- Be dressed appropriately for class. (Different shirt, shorts, or sweats than you wore to school.) All must wear tied athletic shoes
- Warm up and stretch prior to activity.
- Follow teacher's directions.
- No discourteous behoavior will be permitted to other people or equipment. The student will have to pay for any equipment that is broken due to misuse or negligence.
- First Violation: WARNING!
- Second Violation: Removal from activity for a period of time
- Third Violation: Student will be sent out of class.
Any student verbally or physically assaulting another person or willfully damaging property will be sent to the office.
Any student leaving the gym, activity area, or locker room before being excused will be reported to the office for skipping. The dean of students will determine the penalty.
Gymnasium - Not A Hallway!
Students cannot enter or exit the locker room before or after class through the gymnasium doors. Students must use doors directly into the hallway for entering or exiting.
Parent's and Doctor's Notes
If a student is ill or injured, he/she may sit out of the activity for 1 day if he/she has a parent's note. Daily participation points will be lost but the student may make them up. A doctor's note is required for 2 or more days. Upon reviewing the extent of injury and loss of attendance points, a conference may be held with student, parent, teacher, and principal to determine status or credit. Pick up a medical checklist from your teacher, for your doctor to assign appropriate activities or to print a copy choose: Medical Note Physical Education
Make Up Policy
If a student is absent from class for any reason he/she will lose attendance points per day and must present an admit slip at the beginning of the hour the following class day. These points, along with those missed from sitting out with a parent's note, may be made up the following way:
- Pick up a blue form in the weight room.
- All make-ups must be completed during the 60 min. lunch period.
- Weight lifting classes - missed lifts must be made up.
- All other classes - 20 mins. of continuous cardio activity in the fitness room must be completed to fulfill your make-up.
- Make-ups are allowed to be completed prior to the actual absence from class.
Students must make up their absence(s) within 1 week of the day they were gone.
1. 4 basic parts (9th grade required / 10th grade band/choir)
A) Professionalism (Attendance/Tardies)
B) Leadership (Attitiude/Effort)
D) Written test
2. Every Day and Every other day (Grading Scales)
3. Dress Policies
4. Attendance Policies (link at left)
5. Attendance and grading information (found at links at left)
See left hand column under Physical Education Classes