1. Your grade will be based on your performance on daily assignments, quizzes, in-class work, unit projects/tests, and participation. Participation includes: willingness to provide responses, participation in class discussions, being ready when called upon, and observable participation in paired and group activities. You will be graded on a point system, with the final percentage corresponding to the following grade scale:
2. Assignments are expected to be turned in on time. Late assignments may not receive full credit.
3. Extra credit: Students may gain extra credit points by completing additional practice in areas of study or by submitting an appropriate project. Extra credt will be considered only if all regular work is completed. Extra credit can only improve a student’s grade by one grade point (ie. from a B+ to an A-). All extra credit must be submitted no later than five (5) school days before the end of the grading period.
- You are responsible for work missed during an absence. When you present your admit slip, make sure to collect any make-up assignments.
- Make-up tests or quizzes must be completed before or after school. Regular class time will not be used unless circumstances allow and prior arrangement has been made.
- All make-up assignments, tests, and quizzes must be completed within 5 school days following an absence. Assignments, tests, and quizzes may not be accepted after this time.
- You will be expected to take a scheduled test or quiz regardless of prior absences.
Hints for success:
- Practice a positive attitude.
- Make an effort to participar fully.
- Hand in work on time.
- Ask questions. It is the quickest way to get answers.
- Do not rely solely on class time to master all course content. You may have to study on your own outside of class.
- Fun and play require work. Work at having fun.