Course No.: 4310, 4311
Grade Level: 9-12
Prerequisite: Passed Spanish I with a minimum"C" average
The objective of the second year of Spanish remains the same as the first year -- to enable students to attain a measurable degree of competency and proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, writing, and cultural awareness. Language structure is studied and practiced throughout the course. Students will be able to express themselves using various present and past tenses. Activities in the text are based on authentic cultural details.
Profesor: Señor Pablo Fliegel
Correo electrónico: email@example.com
¡Hola! ¡Bienvenidos a la clase de Español Dos!
Welcome to another semester of bilingual fun.. You will continue comunicando in another lengua! The class will continue to provide an interactive environment in which you will engage regularmente y frecuentemente in paired and pequeño-grupo exchanges.
At the beginning of each lección, I will be the provider of the language ejemplos. During the práctica phase of each lesson, I will be the facilitador; at the end of the lesson, you will be the performer, and I, the evaluador of the quality of the language used to accomplish a task.
You will be provided with many examples of real-life language in real-life contexts, and numerosas oportunidades to interact in Español with classmates and myself. You will be guided through practice activities culminating in performance activities where you will be expected to combinar and recombine elementos learned to perform real-life tasks.
I am confiante you will make the most of this clase. We will trabajar together to make the curso a success.
Materiales necesarias para la clase:
- pen or pencil
- 3-ring binder (optional)
- Bilingual dictionary (optinal)
1. Your grade will be based on your performance on daily assignments, quizzes, in-class work, unit projects/tests, and participación. Participation includes: willingness to provide responses, participation in class discussions, being ready when called upon, and observable participation in paired and group activities. You will be graded on a punto system, with the final porcentage correspondiendo to the following grade scale:
2. Assignments are expected to be turned in a tiempo. Late assignments may not recibir full crédito.
3. Extra Crédito: Students may gain extra credit points by completing additional practice in areas of estudio or by submitting an appropriate proyecto. Extra credit will be considered only if all regular work está completado. Extra credit can only improve a student’s grade by one grade point (ie. from a B+ to an A-). All extra credit must be submitted no later than cinco (5) school días before the end of the grading period.
- You are responsable for work missed during an ausencia. When you present your admit slip, make sure to collect any make-up assignments.
- Make-up exámenes or quizzes must be completed before or after escuela. Regular class time will not be used unless circumstances allow and prior arrangement has been made.
- All make-up assignments, tests, and quizzes must be completed within 5 school days following an absence. Assignments, tests, and quizzes may not be accepted after this time.
- You will be expected to take a scheduled test or quiz regardless of prior absences.
Hints for éxito:
- Practice a positive attitude.
- Make an effort to participar fully.
- Hand in trabajo on time.
- Ask preguntas. It is the quickest way to get respuestas.
- Do not rely solely on class time to master all course content. You may have to estudiar on your own outside of class.
- Fun and play require work. Work at having fun.